We got an early start this morning with a photo op for the kids. This picture quickly turned into a slight disagreement as to who was going to hold Audrey's hand. Not like she doesn't have 2 hands right? But try to explain that to these crazy two year olds! Audrey is just so popular already!! We quickly resolved the issue by a) taking Audrey away and b) asking Isaac and Madeline if they were ready for their next adventure. They immediately went running to their seats in the van yelling "adventure, adventure"! They're loving the trip so far!!
So today, it was off to explore the White Mountains of New Hampshire. We started with a trip up the aerial tramway at Cannon Mountain and a hike to the observation tower. The scenery here is absolutely amazing.
Isaac with his pretend binoculars...
Isaac with real binoculars. When I got to the top of the observation tower, I overheard and older gentlemen that we'd seen on the tramway tell his wife, "give me a second, I'm going to let Isaac look through my binoculars". I then watched him walk around the corner and offer them to my little boy. Isaac was thrilled! It just made me smile knowing there are still good people around who do nice things for others.
So today, it was off to explore the White Mountains of New Hampshire. We started with a trip up the aerial tramway at Cannon Mountain and a hike to the observation tower. The scenery here is absolutely amazing.
Isaac with his pretend binoculars...
Isaac with real binoculars. When I got to the top of the observation tower, I overheard and older gentlemen that we'd seen on the tramway tell his wife, "give me a second, I'm going to let Isaac look through my binoculars". I then watched him walk around the corner and offer them to my little boy. Isaac was thrilled! It just made me smile knowing there are still good people around who do nice things for others.
After Cannon Mountain, we went to hike at the Flume at Franconia Notch State Park. It was quite the little walk to the top, but I'm proud to say we all made it the mile and a half and it was well worth it. The Flume and the construction of the pathway through it was truly amazing to see.
Isaac's favorite part was the ride back down the mountain. If there were a sport known as "extreme strollering" Brian would be it's top athlete. He literally ran Isaac's adventure cart (aka stroller) down the mountain...bouncing of rocks, spinning out, and all the while Isaac laughed and cackled nonstop!
No comments:
Post a Comment