Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Payback

Do you remember when you were a kid and you were acting up and your parents said to you "one day you're going to have a kid and I hope they act just like you!"? I remember that phrase coming out of my parents' mouths on more than one occasion. And tonight, they are smiling. When I was a kid, I had a terrible time going to bed. I always had a something to ask them, or something I needed, and they say I wore a path in the carpet between my room and the living room after bedtime! Tonight, Isaac paid me back. He's up in his big boy bed and he's called for Brian or myself at least 15 times. We've both been in to say goodnight, and then I hear him one more time. Brian walks in his room as I walk down the hall to get the laundry in our bedroom. That's when I hear Isaac over the monitor, "but daddy, I have a question!!" If I'd have had a drink in my mouth, I would have spit it across the room. It was a new version of me on the other end of the monitor!! It was my "payback"!! I immediately called mom and dad to give them a little bit of satisfaction. And all I can do tonight is smile and laugh.

1 comment: