Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Big Boy Bed

With the new baby on the way, we decided it was time to transition Isaac into a big boy bed. So, in July, we made a trip to IKEA where we bought Isaac his first big boy bed. A lot of people think we're crazy, but we decided to get Isaac a full size loft bed to give him more space in his room to play. I'll admit I was nervous the first couple of nights as the bed is pretty high, but he has done great. We pulled the baby monitor back out and balanced it on the valence above the window. He understands that this is his "telephone" to mommy and daddy and talks (well really yells) into it when he needs something in the middle of the night or in the morning when he wakes up instead of crawling down the ladder without us. It took some adjusting going from that small crib to a big boy bed, but I'm proud to report that one month later he is doing great!!

Special thanks goes out to Daddy for putting a lot of the stuff together while Isaac and I spent time with Audrey (Isaac's newest cousin) and family in July!

The before pictures (Isaac's Nursery)

The after pictures (Isaac's Big Boy Room)




Just a quick note on this last picture...today was wacky outfit day at school. We do not dress our child like this on a regular basis!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment