When I was a little girl, we took quite a few trips to Surfside, SC just south of Myrtle Beach. One of my fondest memories of those trips was when my dad would wake me up early and we'd go to Krispy Kreme and get donuts and then go out to the Pier to watch the sun come up. I don't really remember the drive to the Pier, but I can remember sitting up on an old wooden bench by the rails munching on my morning donut.
Well, this weekend at the beach when Isaac woke up early, I decided it was time to pass on the tradition. So I got up, got us both dressed and we went to the store for some Krispy Kreme donuts and then we went out on the beach to eat them. He seemed to really enjoy sitting beside me in the sand eating his breakfast. When he finished his sandy little donut, we took a walk on the beach and put our feet in the water. It was one of those moments in time as a mother that you take a mental picture and tuck it away in your heart forever. I'm so blessed to have the opportunity to pass on that tradition to my son.
Pictures don't really capture the true essence of the morning, but here are a couple of my cutie on our special morning at the beach.
Well, this weekend at the beach when Isaac woke up early, I decided it was time to pass on the tradition. So I got up, got us both dressed and we went to the store for some Krispy Kreme donuts and then we went out on the beach to eat them. He seemed to really enjoy sitting beside me in the sand eating his breakfast. When he finished his sandy little donut, we took a walk on the beach and put our feet in the water. It was one of those moments in time as a mother that you take a mental picture and tuck it away in your heart forever. I'm so blessed to have the opportunity to pass on that tradition to my son.
Pictures don't really capture the true essence of the morning, but here are a couple of my cutie on our special morning at the beach.
It is such a sweet tradition... too bad no one shared it with me!!! What is up with that?! Really, I'm not jealous... I don't even like doughnuts.
ReplyDeleteGood to capture pics of your feet while you still have ankles. ;)
ReplyDelete