Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Baby Update

Brian and I visited the doctor last week for the ultrasound where most people find out if they're having a boy or a girl. We are in the minority in that, like Isaac, the gender of baby #2 is going to be a surprise. I absolutely love surprises!

Here is the ultrasound picture from last week. We got to see hands, feet, the heart, the brain, etc. But we kept our eyes closed while they checked out the lower half. :) The baby is healthy and growing perfectly. For those of you not great at interpreting ultrasounds, from left to right you see the curve of the spine and then the baby's head on the right. The baby is currently facing down and slept through most of the ultrasound.


We got a second picture with this one, but it's the token alien shot that everyone gets. The one that looks like your child has the face of someone from outer space. I hate those pictures, so it's not posted.

Isaac is growing more excited by the day about having a little brother or sister. Until last week he was adamant that the baby was going to be a "girl baby", but since we brought him the ultrasound picture last week he's been a little more wishy-washy on the subject. Sometimes it's going to be a girl and sometimes it's going to be a "little brother".

The baby is due on January 3rd, and last week Isaac and I had a conversation about when exactly January is. I told him that first we'd have Christmas and Santa would come visit and then after that his baby would come. As a parent of a two year old, you always wonder if they fully understand. Last night while playing, he stopped and looked at me and said "Mommy, Santa Claus is going to bring my baby." So he was listening and he's got it all figured out! Later he brought me his baby doll and said "She's crying Mommy. You can hold her but use two hands!" I'm telling you this little boy is more than ready to be a big brother!!

No comments:

Post a Comment