Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Thomas the Train

Isaac loves Thomas the Train. Some of our friends had been to the “Day Out with Thomas” in Spencer, NC in the past and recommended we take Isaac. We took the last Friday in September off and took the boys on a surprise adventure to meet Thomas.

DSC_0432_5605

Like I said, it was a surprise. So when we drove through downtown Spencer we just told Isaac we were almost there. He was watching out the window and all of the sudden said “Mommy! I saw someone!” I replied “really, who?”. “I saw Thomas mommy!!” He was so excited. “Do you want to go visit him?” “Yes!!”

I love surprises!! It was so much fun.

DSC_0324_5497

His face says it all doesn’t it?

DSC_0364_5536

Thomas took us for a ride. This was Lucas’ first train ride.

DSC_0390_5566

He enjoyed looking out his window and back at his brother.

DSC_0402_5575

You can’t help but laugh at this goof ball!!

DSC_0407_5581

Mr. Topham Hat

DSC_0416_5588

We also rode the turn table. I’d never seen one before (other than in the cartoons). It was pretty cool.

DSC_0425_5599

Hanging out on the coolest engine waiting for Thomas to come by.

DSC_0428_5603

Playing with the train sets with big brother.

DSC_0437_5610

We had a great day walking around and exploring the Transportation Museum in Spencer, NC. I can’t say that I was overly impressed with Thomas the Train, but Isaac loved him and that’s all that really matters!

**Special Note – In some of the pictures you can see Isaac is wearing a band aid on his ear. We did not pierce his ear. He cut it on a gate latch. Part of his not so good luck September. Thank goodness that month is behind us!

1 comment:

  1. It's about time! I love the pictures of the boys looking out the window. They are precious!

    ReplyDelete