Friday, November 30, 2012

Decorating Time

Now that we've shifted gears into Christmas mode, it's time to drag all those decorations out of the attic and get the house in the Christmas spirit.

On Saturday while the boys cooked and the kids took naps, Anna and I tackled the front yard. We found that it takes less time when the two of us just do what we want instead of asking the boys for help. It's just a sister thing that you automatically know what the other is thinking or when the other is going to fall off of the ladder (nice catch Anna...I still appreciate that!) or how we will next try to solve a problem. It's fun, and efficient, to have a person like that around. The front yard turned out pretty good too!



After all the family left on Sunday, the boys helped put up the Christmas tree in the living room.

Isaac was adamant that he would be putting the star on top of the tree.


He meticulously decorated and fell right into the routine putting ornaments where he remembered them being last year! 
 

Lucas was a little less help. All of the round ornaments that look like balls were put out of my little baseball players reach!

He sure is excited about having a pretty tree in the living room!!
 
My favorite part of the tree are the name ornaments that we have from Bronner's Christmas Store.


Our tree growing up always had our name ornaments and it was a tradition that I have continued with our Christmas tree. Some of you will laugh at this, but if you watch Days of Our Lives (yes, I've watched this soap opera religiously for as long as I can remember...one of my few girly traits!) they have a  name ornament tree that they decorate on Christmas Eve every year. It's funny, but I kind of feel like they copied our tradition!

In any case, our decorations are complete and we are ready to celebrate what I hope will be a magical Christmas Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment