Friday, August 3, 2012

WONDERful Day

Thursday we ventured over to Pigeon Forge to see what kind of adventures we could find there. We ended up at WonderWorks…the kind of museum that even Aunta would like. It had all kinds of hands on activities, rides, and exhibits. I mean who wouldn’t want to go into an upside down building!?

DSC_0038

My two little astronauts….

DSC_0010

DSC_0018

The boys playing puzzle. Isaac really didn’t appreciate Lucas’ help all that much.

DSC_0023

Isaac showing off his bubble skills that Boppa taught him!

DSC_0026

Brian and I tried out the bed of nails. Very odd feeling and not something I think I could get a good night’s sleep on regularly.

DSC_0031

After we finished up at WonderWorks we grabbed a quick bite to eat on the way back to the hotel. As soon as we got in the room, Isaac was tearing off his clothes and putting on his swimsuit. He and Brian went swimming while Lucas and I took a nap and watched some of the Olympics.

DSC_0050

Lucas found that if you stand on the air conditioner you can see big brother swimming from the room.

DSC_0049

For dinner we decided on Hungry Bear BBQ. It was somewhat of a hole in the wall kind of place on the outskirts of Gatlinburg. It was hands down the best BBQ and fixin's I have EVER had. The boys enjoyed it too.

DSC_0055

Mommy made the mistake of only ordering one ear of corn, but the boys did manage to share quite well.

DSC_0071

On the way home, we stopped at Kilwin’s for ice cream. Then it was back to the pool for a late night swim.

This picture was taken at 10:45 pm, way past bedtime. Don’t they look tired??

DSC_0093

We have had a great time together in Gatlinburg. Today we’re heading back towards Cherokee to camp another night or two before heading back to the sweltering hot of the big city.

No comments:

Post a Comment