Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A New Adventure

Today I completed a chapter in my life. After just over 9 years, I left my job at Catalent to embark on a new adventure…this afternoon, I became a stay at home mom!

My colleagues have filled my past few days with goodbye lunches, congratulations, hugs and well wishes.

Some of my closest friends gave me a nice surprise for my final day in my office! Thanks Roxanne and Rhonda!

IMG00036-20111107-1430

My friend and everyone’s favorite security guard Eddie surprised me with flowers! DSC_0013_6275

Brenna made me an incredible 6 layer red velvet cake (not pictured since we devoured it before anyone could get a picture!)

Tonight my sister got everyone together to surprise me at Red Robin for dinner. Brian ended up with the tough job of getting me to Red Robin. I ate a huge lunch with a group of friends from 120 to day and really wasn’t hungry. But Brian did manage to convince me that the boys would enjoy it. He even met me at the mailbox so I didn’t have to get the boys out of the car. Suspicious now that I look back on it. (my sister’s dogs were in my house, and he didn’t want me to hear them.) As we walked into the restaurant I looked up and said to myself “wow that girl looks like Anna” and then all the sudden Madeline all but tackles Isaac. I was SO surprised and so excited!! Dinner was followed up with dessert and balloons at the house.

Here are some of the best family and friends on the planet (not pictured Patti and Anna)

DSC_0010_6272

Dave, Lynn and the kids made sure I started off my new adventure on a fun note. Now wouldn’t it be something if those are tomorrow’s winning lottery numbers!?!

DSC_0015_6277

The fact is though, I’ve already won the lottery. I have a wonderfully supportive family and so many great friends. I can’t thank everyone enough for all they’ve done for me over the years and over the past few days. Tears fell as I said my goodbyes today and again as I walked alone out the door of Catalent. It was a great chapter and I was touched by so many wonderful people. And above all, I left today knowing I’d made a difference to those people. They will all forever be a part of me.

Now for my newest chapter…time at home with my boys. I couldn’t be more excited about this and I think they are too. Tonight before bed I told Isaac, “tomorrow is your last day at school. Mommy doesn’t have to go to work any more.” He looked at me with his cute little eyes processing what I was saying, and said “Is Daddy going to bring home the bacon?” He listens to everything I say. Yes boys, daddy is going to bring home the bacon! Thank you daddy for taking on such a big responsibility for us.

Thank you to everyone who made today special for me. I just can’t thank you all enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment