Thursday, August 4, 2011

2 Wheels!

Lucas has taken up bike riding. We got a new kid seat for Brian’s bike a few weeks ago and finally got it out of the box. Lucas absolutely LOVES it!! He smiles and laughs the entire time.

DSC_0014_4267

DSC_0017_4271

As you can see, Lucas rides with Brian while Isaac rides with me. After our bike ride last week, Isaac may be a little more motivated to learn to ride his own bike. Our first ride out in months and we rode about 3 miles. Needless to say my legs got tired on one of the hills toward the end. I was going to take a break and stepped off the bike for a minute. Well, my legs were numb and completely gave out when I got off the bike. I threw both Isaac and I right into the street! Neither of us got hurt and all Isaac said was “what happened?” That was until we got home. I was much more careful getting off the bike in the garage and I made sure to stand there for a minute before getting completely off the bike and going to get Isaac out of his seat. While I stood there letting the blood flow back into my legs, Isaac speaks up in his cute little concerned voice, “Mommy, are you going to throw me down again?” I couldn’t help but laugh!

This past weekend we went out riding on the new greenway near the river. On this adventure we rode through 6 inches of mud. Needless to say, crashes and mud…the boys are loving adventures on the bikes!

1 comment:

  1. That is absolutely cute! It's great that you can enjoy biking as a family.

    ReplyDelete