Sunday, July 25, 2010

Camping

We spent this weekend with Oma, Opa, Aunta, Uncle Mark, Madeline and Audrey up at Crabtree Meadows Campground on the Blue Ridge Parkway. With the 100 degree heat wave covering most of North Carolina, we were happy to find a place relatively close by with weather in the 80s. We all had a great time, but the kids were in heaven spending all weekend outside playing together. There was never a dull moment!
The campsite...
Tree Climbing...


My little monkey!

When Aunta and I were kids my parents would take us to the same campground and then we'd ride down the other side of the mountain to a place called Carolina Hemlocks to go tubing on the river. We took the kids down to the river on Saturday and Sunday to cool off in the ice cold mountain water.

Looking for fish in the clear mountain water...

Picking up rocks to throw in the river...


Relaxing in the tube...


Our little daredevils even jumped off the rocks with help from Daddy and Uncle Mark!


Hanging out with daddy...

It was a great weekend, and the river was every bit as fun as I remembered it to be. I'm so glad that Isaac and Madeline (and Audrey too) got to spend the weekend together there. I hope we'll make a lot more great memories in the NC mountains over the years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment