Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Today, Isaac helped carve his first pumpkin. I wasn't sure exactly how he'd feel about getting his hands all sticky and messy, but it turns out he really liked it!! We cut the tops off and he dug right in. He helped sort the seeds from the "guts" so that we could roast the seeds when we were finished.






When he finished sorting the seeds, I started to carve the face in one pumpkin while he put all the "guts" back into the other pumpkin!! I handed him the pieces I cut out of the face and he thought they were cheese. Brian tried to convince him not to taste it, but Isaac is the type that has to try it for himself!

Isaac loves his new pumpkin friends!!

2 comments:

  1. That is the best stem I have EVER seen on a pumpkin! Good picking!! Love the video and how it didn't even gross him out that the pumpkin tasted nothing like cheese. Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That boy is something else!!! He is the cutest thing. And his Nana is not one bit prejudice!

    ReplyDelete